INGREDIENTS - Mango Twist Bread
3 tbsp butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
3 1/2 cups strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 small mango, peeled pitted, and blended to a paste
1 cup lukewarm water
2 tbsp honey
1/1 cup golden raisins
1 egg beaten lightly
confectioners` sugar, for dusting
HOW TO MAKE - Mango Twist Bread
1. Grease a cookie sheet with a little butter. Strain the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, stir in the dry yeast, ginger, and brown sugar and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Stir in the mango paste, lukewarm water, and honey and bring together to form a dough.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured counter. Knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth. Alternatively, use an electric mixer with a dough hook. Place the dough in a greased bowel, cover, and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
4. Knead in the golden raisins and shape the dough into 2 sausage shapes, each 10 inches/25 cm long. Carefully twist the 2 pieces together and pinch the ends to seal. Place the dough on the cookie sheet,cover, and leave in a warm place for another 40 minutes.
5. Brush the loaf with the egg and bake in a preheated oven, 425`F/220`C, for 30 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
You can tell when the bread is cooked because it will sound hollow when tapped.